The Head Start/Early Head Start Program of Families & Communities Rising is seeking a Bilingual ERSEA Specialist based in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. This position assists the ERSEA Manager with processing eligibility applications per the policies and procedures established by OCHS/EHS and the HS Performance Standards and coordinating recruitment efforts to help ensure ample wait list selection for all sites. You will help us carry out our program’s mission “To provide a high quality pre-school experience by educating children, empowering families and expanding community collaborations”
Click here to learn more about our program.
- Written and verbal fluency in English and Spanish.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Early Childhood or other Human Services field with early childhood or social work coursework (will consider candidates with: coursework in early childhood, counseling, social work, family support or Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in non related field for well-qualified candidates with 2 years Early Head Start/Head Start experience)
- At least 2 years experience working with children Birth to 5 and their families
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation
In addition to the minimum requirements, we require…
- 2+ years’ experience serving families living in poverty
- Training in: motivational interviewing, parent education, mental health, serving dual-language learners and language interpretation and translation
- Head Start/Early Head Start work or volunteer experience
- Experience serving dual language learners and their families.
Full-time, 40 hours/week. Salary range is $35,000 to $40,000 annually based on relevant education and experience. Excellent health and retirement benefits, specialized training and work mileage reimbursement. Offices are located in Chapel Hill, NC. Position open until filled. FCR, Inc. is an EOE.
For current Families & Communities Rising staff who qualify and who are interested in applying, please contact Sarah Hiskey to express interest or ask questions. All current staff are expected to inform their supervisor before applying for an in-house position and should present a current resume but a new application is not needed.